Youth Club Worker
SALARY – £21,840 FTE equivalent
HOURS – 5 h/w for 20 weeks
LOCATION – Working from home & various locations as required
At Al Masaar, our aim is to bring together different parts of our community to become a central learning hub for health and well-being for the minority ethnic and wider community, promoting unity and awareness of social responsibility. We look to
- Develop confidence amongst minority ethnic youths and adults to enable them to become confident members of the Scottish society they live in.
- Provide practical and social support to members of the local minority ethnic communities, especially those facing isolation and vulnerability through our outreach services.
Youth Club Development Officer
Our Youth Club worker will specifically target our three identified categories: Disabled, Racialised & Low-Income youth from 7 to 18 years in the Forth Valley area. We were part of Phase 2 & 3 pre-pandemic and have not continued since the role was not filled continuously. The Youth Club Worker will work with youth members. Our aim is to relaunch our Youth Club with confidence, clear communication and increased catchment than before and arrange exciting fun activities for the youth regularly. You will work with youth worker volunteers and be managed by our Youth Work Development Officer.
- Undertake training in coach education
- Establish relationships and trust within the various minority ethnic communities in Forth Valley
- Establish and utilise a means to communicate with young people
- Become familiar with and use our social media regularly
- Establish organisational networks to concentrate on developing our Youth Club
- Excellent communication
- Excellent organisation
- Excellent team worker
- High ICT competency
- Excellent time management
- Use of MS Office, including Teams
- Coachable/ able to undertake training
- Self Motivated
- Outgoing personality
- Hard working
- Confident and Reliable
- Able to use social media effectively
If you are interested in this role, please contact Al Masaar on 07821356406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Application deadline is 22nd November 2022, 5pm.
Interviews will be conducted in late November over a video call.
To find out more information on the organisation, you can find us on:
Al Masaar is a Scottish Charity Incorporated Organisation, registered charity number SC049883. Al Masaar is regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator OSCR.
This post has been funded by theYouthlink Scotland. Our core funding is supported by National Lottery Awards4All.