Parent Club Coordinator
SALARY – £21840 0.2FTE
HOURS – 7 hours p/w over 40 weeks
LOCATION – Working from home & various locations as required, PVG/ Disclosure required
At Al Masaar, our aim is to bring together different parts of our community to: Become a central mental health and well-being support worker for the minority ethnic and wider community, promoting unity and awareness of social responsibility. We look to
- Develop confidence amongst minority ethnic youths and adults to enable them to become confident members of the Scottish society they live in.
- Provide practical and social support to members of the local minority ethnic communities, especially those facing isolation and vulnerability through our outreach services.
Parent Club Coordinator
We are looking for an empathetic, clear communicator with lived experiences as our Parent Club co-ordinator, ready to support the ethnic minority community. You will be confident in speaking to people from all walks of life. Arranging and delivering projects. Undertaking training for subject knowledge and know-how to gain the trust and confidence of vulnerable people and support them according to their needs. You will work closely with the Al Masaar Social Media, Youth Club and our future Carer Support Development Teams.
- Arranging and delivering projects
- Speaking to different organisations to arrange project activities
- Speaking to women/ teens (from Al Masaar WhatsApp support groups)
- Produce reports and use spreadsheet for each project
- Able to create posters on Canva
- Updating Social Media regularly
- Attending weekly team meetings and contribute to strategy and funding applications
- Establish networks to concentrate on developing our Parent Club
- Excellent clear communication
- Excellent organisational and networking
- Excellent team work
- ICT skills
- Excellent time management
- Use of MS Office, including Teams
- Coachable/ able to undertake training
- Self Motivated
- Outgoing personality
- Hard working
- Confident and Reliable
- Able to use social media effectively
- Background in similar field of work
Applications will be accepted from women only under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Al Masaar on 07821356406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Application deadline is 22nd November 2022, 5pm.
Interviews will be conducted in late November over a video call.
To find out more information on the organisation, you can find us on:
Al Masaar is a Scottish Charity Incorporated Organisation, registered charity number SC049883. Al Masaar is regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator OSCR.
This post has been funded by the Women’s Fund & Falkirk Council projects. Our core funding is supported by National Lottery Awards4All.